T he California and Nevada Chapter of MS Society recently engaged Jimmy Dunne to produce
their yearly fundraising gala.
His marching orders were clear: raise more money than the $80,000 they netted in the previous year.
Jimmy Dunne tapped into the power of emotion to reimagine the narrative, and create an event would emotionally engage the guests.
They raised $1,350,000. 900 guests, tripling the audience. Many guests said it was the most moving and inspiring charity events they ever attended.
Jimmy Dunne & Company created 30+ touchpoints; emotional experiences that potential donors and guests would feel before, during — and after the event.
Every one of the touchpoints rigorously aligned to the intentions and narrative of the event.
Jimmy Dunne wrote all speeches, created/directed/produced many videos, produced/directed the event, wrote, arranged and recorded an original song, and produced 25+ touchpoints to emotionally engage donors.
Here are a few of the emotional touchpoints: from important ones to the ‘devil in the details’ touchpoints:
- FUNDRAISING VIDEO
- PARTNERING WITH SPEAKERS ON ALL ASPECTS OF SPEECHES
- WRITING “IF I DARE TO DREAM” ORIGINAL SONG FOR MS EVENT
- CREATING SIGNAGE THAT SPOKE TO THE HEART/ATTITUDE OF THE EVENT
- VIDEO WITH ALL PHOTOS OF THE EVENT
- COFFEE & TEA STATIONS AT VALET
- CREATING “HALL OF CHAMPIONS” POSTERS ON ALL DONORS
- TRIBUTE VIDEO SHOWN AT EVENT
- “PARTY FAVORS” AT THE TABLE
- STROLLING “MINSTRELS” AT THE EVENT
- WRITING STORY IN “HUFFINGTON POST”
- 2-PAGE AD IN “LA BUSINESS JOURNAL
- PUSHING STORIES THROUGH NEW MEDIA
- SECURING 25-MINUTE SEGMENT ON “TIM CONWAY SHOW” FOR LEW AND CHRISTINA HORNE
- VISUALS ON 16 TV MONITORS THROUGHOUT COCKTAIL EVENT AND DINNER
- STORYTELLING ON COCKTAIL NAPKINS
- STORYBOARDS FOR ALL AUCTION ITEMS
- CREATING A POST-EVENT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO FOR ALL NEW MEDIA
To get the ball rolling, he created the first ‘touchpoint’: a ‘fundraising video’ emailed to thousands of potential donors and attendees. Its intention was simple; to emotionally express the narrative.
This 1:19 video, filmed in almost one shot, was an example of efficiently emotionally engaging the right audience — to create the intended response of donating and attending the event.
Please click here for a number of the videos, speeches, and other touchpoints created: